Sunday, August 22, 2004

Inward-looking or outward??

Anyway, I was just looking for photos to post on my new blogspot and realised that most of my digital photos are scenic ones or of fishes or myself. I think I really need to widen my social circle...

The photo below was taken when I recently scaled Mt Kinabalu. It reminded me of a hopelessly flawed argument that I'd conjured up during the many hours and days of stoning by the beach at Koh Tao, Thailand.

Why do most people either love the mountains or the sea? This was of course, a response to a survey of a population of 2, i.e. my friend, Yanli and myself. (Haha!)

People who love the sea are basically people who are inward-looking. The vastness of the sea/ocean which signifies feedom on the contrary, brings out the the inability of people. We can't walk on water, can only be limited to the depths which scuba can bring us to, can't breathe underwater. We are only limited to a small boat bobbing on the vast surface of the ocean. Therefore, given such an inability to do things, these people turn inward-looking, i.e. look within themselves for truths and interpretations of realities...

People who love the mountains are those who are outward-looking. Mountains do not inhibit people like oceans do. One is free to roam over mountains, across valleys... This freedom gives the mountain-lover an inclination to perceive the world from their personal point of view. The mountain, sunrise, sunset, culture are what one perceive them to be...

What's the difference between the two then? The ocean inhibits the person from looking outward from a personal point of view due to a general lack of things to perceive. (!!!??)

I think I'm getting too carried away...haha....I know it's a weak argument, one premise leading to another which can be flawed individually. Oh well....at least my brain was still working during those days when I was stoning by the beach...certainly burned more calories than juz lying on the cushion converting oxygen into carbon dioxide.

I've had a crush on this guy. Haha...yes...HAD a crush on this guy. Apparently this guy is too popular with ladies. There were actually females juz standing around ogling at him. I felt uncomfortable juz by this sight. I wonder how he felt being visually raped by so many females. Ewww....... Yeah, so that was when I've decided to find a less goodlooking crush so that I won't accuse myself of being one of those ogling at him. Haha!

Gosh, I think I hate myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home