Thursday, December 16, 2004

A touching sight...

I was driving home at 11.30pm when I saw this elderly man pedalling an ice cream cart, with his son or grandson on it. Somehow, the sight touched me. It was late. He seemed to have problems trying to pedal, as the cart seemed heavy, and heavier with the little boy on it.

He looked back at the taxi who was tail-gating behind, as he had caused a minor jam behind him as his cart occupied the only lane. He looked a little embarressed and tried to pedal harder but the cart could not move much faster. Finally, he reached the downslope part of the road, a little relieved.

Suddenly, I felt this pang of sadness and guilt washing over me. Though I don't have everything, I lack nothing. I bitch, complain and whine about the emptiness of life, politics of work and trivial matters.

Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home