Saturday, October 15, 2005

Back from Mount Kinabalu!


This trip turned out much better than I expected! I didn't dream about work nor worry all day long. I wasn't so tired or was down with cramps in the legs - think I took advice seriously - GO SLOW. I went slow, really really slow and we reached Laban Rata so early that we had time to unpack, shower, had dinner before sunset! Felt really good about that. :) Our guide is worth mentioning...lemme see what's his name - Jasirin Bin Lasim. Oh no!! He should be a muslim and fasting then!! Thought I was being kind when I offered him lots of chocolates - must share the goodies in such a place mah. Anyway, think I'm deteriorating. When we were nearing Low's Peak, I was walking really really slow cos' I was really tired and cold. Jasirin came and gave me a hand and guided me up the last stretch. When we were descending from the summit, he helped me down at certain places too. Do I look like I needed help? Hmm...not that I don't appreciate his help but in the past, I would be one of those helping others cross rivers and up/down slopes. Kim asked if I wanted to go Taman Negara next month. I think I should. Maybe I still haven't gotten used to high altitude trekking, I hope. If I needed help for Taman Negara, I need to go bury myself at the gym leow.

Juz snorkelling at Sabah was enough for me to absorb the underwater beauty of the place. Nonetheless, the place did not disappoint me. Even when snorkelling, I could see lots of diverse underwater species! It was amazing to see a school of razorfish, a cowfish and a pair of mantis shrimps even while snorkelling! That proves that diving would be even better! Can't wait to go back!

Sabah's really a nice place. With mountains to climb, oceans to dive, not to mention nice native folks - minus those urbanised city folks. I wonder if University of Sabah wants research assistants....hehe

1 Comments:

At 4:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heee, Ah Plat I saw your post about your pre-Mt K agonising and thought that sounds exactly like me before I went! Glad you had a good trip :)

Cher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home