Saturday, May 27, 2006

Back on earth

Dear and I almost had an argument the other day when he said to me "You take things at surface value only....." and I got so pissed off. I didn't say much in retaliation because I know I would say things that I'll regret later and probably lose to him in content-wise anyway.

Anyway, back to earth. Think I shld spend my money on something like taking up part-time studies than change my car. I've been surfing through NUS and NTU's website on MBA programmes. It juz makes me feel like I'm not on my own turf when I look at the curriculum. Argh! I told myself that I can't take the easy way out all the time and go for things in my comfort zone. I've more or less decided on taking up MBA and that shld be it...

This kinds of like makes me shudder a bit...

B6833 Strategy Formulation
The course examines the process of strategy formulation. Both formal and emergent approaches to strategy formulation as well as control issues are discussed. Particular approaches to formal planning covered in detail include environmental scanning and scenario planning.

B6834 Strategy Implementation
This course reviews how strategy is aligned with structure, control and reward systems in organisations. A prominent position is given to organisational learning as a process underlying on-going implementation.

B6835 Competitive Strategy
Pre-requisite:
B6013 Economic Analysis
Participants study how firms allocate resources and make investments to maximize long-term returns in the face of competition. The course reviews aspects of industrial organisation and economic theories of organisation (transaction cost economics and agency theory).

Oh ya. Both NUS and NTU require the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). Jialat. I hate tests like these. Will definitely flunk the mathematical part at least. Juz went through some of the sample qns as well. I realised that I haven't used my brain to decipher passages for a long time! Gosh...brain is definitely decaying. Need to work on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home