In conversation
Dear : One of these days we go and watch the (something something) Mozart, want?
Me : Wad????
Dear : (something something) Mozart.
Me : What's that?
Dear : (explained some stuff which I didn't register anyway)
and the conversation continued...
Me : So you play any musical instrument?
Dear : Ya.......I play the violin.
Me : Wa!? Don't look like it!!!! Anything else?
Dear : Ya...and the piano cos' you need to learn the (something something) in order to play the violin.
Me : (speechless)
Dear : What you think I only know how to cycle is it?
Me : Ya!! (speechless again...)
Sometimes in life hor, don't ask too much for something. You may just get it. I asked for one who can outshine me in all ways. Now I've found one who outshines me in every way I can think of and makes me feel like I'm so bloody incompetent. But I'm really amazed with dear! He said last time he's a bookworm! Wah...bookworm go pubbing....interesting!!

2 Comments:
funny how an ability to play a music instrument can often impress us girls. Less to say, 2 music instruments leh!! In our mind, we will be like, "Wow! so musically inclined!! So impressed!!" and then start to be a little head over heels...and maybe begin to imagine him playing music just for your ears...
And I somehow remember, bui wee like also can do this hor?i.e. play 2 musical instruments. so can karen tan right? and some others who just didn't flaunt this part of their resume to us(the commoners who can play none and gets impressed with such ability). impressive leh...
But, it's funny why we should belittle ourselves and feel small in front of these others just because we are not that musically inclined. We have abilities that can impressed too ok!! (like, eat 3 burgers at one go??spent 23.999 hrs in office a day working)haha...
Err...no leh...I'm just surprised that he, being the guy that he is can actually play a musical instrument. I mean if you picture him cycling, kayaking, construction biz, drinking in the pubs and the way he dress hor...then picture him watching musicals and playing violin/piano. Yah..he actually made me sit down with him and watch Amadeus (the Mozart movie that I blogged about). That's the prelude to watching the musical when they come in Singapore in July I think - Mozart's 400th death anniversary. 3 hours plus of the movie alone was enough to put me to sleep... Musicals are simply beyond me.
7 years of weekly lessons in Yamaha and I can hardly play a full song now. I'd love to see him play the piano one day... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home