Thursday, August 26, 2004

Pause.

Went to the Khatib CC in Yishun to have coffee and cakes with Yanli this evening. Nice place to chill out coz' the cafe was nice and the scouffle was yummy.

Realised that it has been a long time since I sat down for coffee and cakes without complaining about work, or discussing about when I would quit. That was a strange, yet familiar feeling.

I remembered sometime ago when I would have anxiety attacks when night falls. That would remind me that I have to work the next day and whether I've forgotten to do something. Those periods were horrible, when I would wake up suddenly in the middle of the night, suddenly remembering something that I had forgotten, scramble in the darkness to find my pen and notebook and jote down the things before crawling back to bed. Those days weren't too long ago...

Now I can empathise with insomniacs. The more I try to sleep peacefully, the more I wake up in the middle of the night.

I was in the staff canteen when I brought this up. Coincidently, the colleague whom I was talking to shared the same problem. I wonder how many of us actually suffer from such anxiety problems.

Somehow I think mental health amongst Singapore workers is in pretty bad state, especially at this rate that we're chopping manpower and the workload is ever increasing. I hope the 5 working days thing won't start a passing-the-buck syndrome..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home