Day 6 (Phang Nga - Phuket)
Distance : 82km
Terrain : Some big hills, gradual slopes along the way
Vincent was telling me to go slow and maintain high cadence before we started riding. Eddie's a bit sarcastic but oh well, I'll forgive him cos' he gave me a glucosamine rub for my knee the night before. Everyone was telling me to go slow and take my time. Ya..thanks guys! Go ahead and cheong and I'll crawl behind. Thanks..I'll manage somehow.
I was riding alone most of the way. Since it was the last day of riding, I might as well take my time cos' I won't have to be baked under the hot sun for another day. Was listening to my mp3 songs and singing along while crawling up the long slopes. It wasn't that bad actually. Felt that it's a weird thing to do things by yourself cos' you'd start talking to yourself. Just like when I was alone in Yunnan...


Reached the hotel finally. First thing Eddie asked was "How's your knee? How you find (the ride)?" He's always asking me how I find the ride after each day. I mean, what is he expecting me to say? Like "Waliewwww.....very cham ahhhh....I felt like I was going to die...." or something to that effect. I always gave him the indifferent look and "like-that-loh..." reply. Haha!
Bathed and waited for the rest to go to Phuket town for dinner (we stayed at Surin Beach). While waiting, Eng Lock came to talk to me. Somehow, he makes me uncomfortable ever since that "I-wanna-take-a-walk-back-to-the-hotel" incident. He lagi best, for the umpteenth time, told me to buy a road bike and join them to continue the journey north (Phuket to Bangkok) in December and also ride around on Sundays.
Bruce recommended a beach that we could all go and watch the sun set. It was quite a nice, neat beach (if you don't mind the beach chairs and umbrellas too much). It really has very nice sunsets. Can't remember the name of the beach though...

After the sun had set, we headed towards Patong Beach for dinner. Had dinner at one of the roadside zi char stall. Food was ok but I had a pretty bad cramp out of a sudden and didn't have the appetite. Yong Siew gave me looks of disgust, as though I was trying to act gu niang or smoething. Come to think about it, I WAS the gu niang of the trip!!! Hahaha....
Eng Lock was sitting next to me and kept asking me if I was ok. He asked if it was stomach ache, then diarrhea and finally best guess - ULCER!! Jialat. How to tell him?! Gu niangs have gu niang problems like cramps. He probably hadn't come across any before. Don't think women working in the night life would work when they are having menses or they'd be taking contraceptives anyway. Urgh! Dirty old man! Disgusted at the thought of it.
Guess what? After dinner, he said he wouldn't be joining us back to the hotel cos' he wanted to go look for a friend. Bruce had a good laugh about it cos' we all knew what it meant.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home