Day 3 (Trang - Krabi)
Distance : 150km
Terrain : Uncountable long gradual slopes
The ride was getting tougher by the day. It wasn't really about the 150km cos' I just plugged in my mp3 player all the way. It was having to be in the sun for that 150km. By 12pm, I was baking in the sun and felt so miserable. The headwind was really strong, even stronger when trucks passed by in the opposite direction. Slowed me down and made me lose whatever little momentum I had.
Slopes were long and gradual so we couldn't go fast, plus the sun - it was miserable. That was when I started thinking of UST and PT training. I thought about Ramli who was made to carry the shield and run around the field. Thought about Yanli who dedicated the "rubbish truck" song by May Day (listening to that song at that time). Cycling in the hot sun for so many kilometres didn't seem that bad. At least I had a choice to cycle or not. Since I wanted to come, might as well just endure and keep going.

It was more motivating when we were nearing Krabi. Limestone hills and cliffs were breathtaking in the setting sunlight. However, limestone cliffs = more slopes for cyclists. Just had to grip the handlebars and push on till we reached the hotel. Really chao tar-ed just from that day. Cycling in the sun made me really grouchy. Fortunately we had 1 day of rest the next day. Didn't have to cycle.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home