The environment
largely influences one's behaviour, thoughts and feelings. For example, in a hierarchical environment, those in the lower hierarchy are often passive because they are often not involved in decision-making. In fact, they were not encouraged to think because that would cause problems, especially for those in the higher management.
One can probably choose not to be in such an environment. It numbs the feelings and dulls the brain. When days after days are spent lamenting about the environment, it eats into one's life, killing it subtly, affecting the micro environment around the person, perpetuating the negativity.
Who can stop the negativity? What can? How did it begin in the first place? One wonders. Perhaps when one choose to cocoon himself from the environment, he is able to function, to be himself, to do as he please. In my environment, we call this bochup. Why, I see it in all of us.
It's wrong. I hate it. I cannot condition myself to adapt to an environment like that. I need to get out. It doesn't help being somewhere else with the same environment because this is society. This is how people work, function and survive. It feels as though I don't fit into this society. I don't belong, I can't stay. Where shld I go? What shld I do?

2 Comments:
You know what?
You lack a general direction in life, you do not really know what you want. But what you had now is definitely not what you want, thus the frustrations. It's not that you don't fit into this society, it's just that you are so unhappy with everything (cos you don't really know what you want) that you find fault with everything.
Some of us are blessed in a sense that they know what they want and work towards it from young. The rest just mop around until they finally found it...some never though.
Life is a continuum. It takes a lot of self-deceit and inflated ego to think that they have made it.
Who is genuinely happy? For how long? We can only distract ourselves from the emptiness of it all.
I'm a pessimist by faith.
Post a Comment
<< Home