Day 1 (Hatyai - Khao Chai Son - Bang Keao Beach)
Distance : 80km
Terrain : Mix of long climbs, gradual slopes and hilly sections. Last 25km was a butt-killer due to poor road condition and extremely strong headwind.
We started off by putting the bike together. The others were really technical and precise with the adjustments of their bikes. I was standing around and thinking of how to put my handlebar and wheels together. Got everything together somehow, after some "Waliew eh! You damn jialat!" and "This one you also dunno?!" from my sister after asking her how to fix the parts together.
The ride was ok. Managed to keep up with the roadies, cos' Vincent had a puncture and most of them stopped to give him a hand. I'm not of much help. So Eddie and I went ahead first. He was trying to draft me but he couldn't keep a constant pace. So in the end, I gave up and braved the wind myself.

The small road that led into Bang Keao was a killer. Our butts went numbed cos' the road condition was really bad. Headwind was also very strong cos' we were going towards the east coast. It was really, really miserable riding that 25km.
I was so glad when we finally reached the resort. Food was nice and seafood was really fresh. We even had soft shell crabs!! Good food is really a morale boaster. Had to tell myself that it's not that bad to cycle 80km a day cos' it was only the first day. Anyway, forgot about having to endure the rest of the ride when I was lying on the beach chair. Dozed off in the breeze. ZZZzzzzz.....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home