2nd Asia Pacific Suicide Prevention Conference
Instead of heading up north again this weekend to ohmmmm under the water mist from the waterfall, I was obliged to attend a conference on my boss' behalf - cos she had to go on leave. Duh. It wasn't that bad actually, considering that there might be some form of relevance for me as a CARE officer. I asked boss what she wanted me to gain out of the conference since I was replacing her. She said "for use in case we have suicidal staff". Errrrrrrrrrr....................good try.
The conference's ok...there were interesting speakers, boring ones and some who look like they are not interested in what they were doing/saying at all. I wish I weren't so darn tired all the time during the conference. Kept falling asleep! I wonder if it's the teabreaks and heavy lunch and fondue strawberries and marshmellows.....
Some points brought up by the speakers were interesting. I could actually draw links to what the author was talking about in Prozac Nation and attribute it to a certain point from some theory. I know linking it this way seems shallow but I was really curious if the author had over exaggerated when she made certain points in the book and I could draw parallels between the thoughts of a depressed "vocalised" in the book and how science had categorised such thoughts.
Wah..veyr sleepy and no mood to blog. Next time....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home