On the way to being a DM
DM = Divemaster btw...
Juz back from diving trip to Tioman. Out of the 9 dives, I led 7 of them. Finally put the fear of leading dives behind me. It was quite enjoyable, showing and sharing with the others interesting stuff underwater. It was quite a good trip. Saw countless bluespotted stingrays, 1 turtle, pufferfish, porcupinefish, nudibranches and even 1 with the feathery thing on top, moray eel, plenty of batfish and angelfish as well... I was hitting my tank with the rod almost every other minute during the dive at Labas (name of dive site). Too many things to see!
Told dear to pray for me that I can come back in a piece after the trip. Good thing I managed to clear my head of all the fear and managed to get all my navigation underwater right! The company was fun as well...very helpful and nice people. At least they don't sit around and wait for the DMs to get them their tanks or serve them as though we're their maids.
My camera housing flooded during one of the dives, the batteries short-circuited and the alkaline corroded parts of the camera. It was really sian after that. Not only that, I was busy signalling for the boat that I dropped my mask. Fortunately, we detoured back to the same spot and two other divers found it! Hooray! The mask's a gift from Ah Chew last year... :) Anyway, I juz tested out my camera and it's still working! Phew!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home