Canon Photo Marathon
I hate marathons, whether they are running or photo-taking ones. Had to wake up at 6am, reach Suntec at 7am, then ended the day (or night?!?!?) at 11pm!!! Fwah!!! This was how the marathon went :
6am - ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
7am - EL : Late already!!!!
7.30am - long queue of people waiting to register!!! But lucky EL and I arrived early enough, so no queue. Met Constance, Tan, Alan (all my colleagues) and Ah Chew!!!
7.40am - Half-dozing off eating breakfast at Macs with EL and Eng Swee (EL's fren)
8.20am - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz in the auditorium
9.15am - First assignment announced - "Faces". EL woke me up, and I was thinking "HAHA! FACES GOOD LEH! I LIKE THIS THEME! WHY NOT YOU TAKE A SHOT OF MY FACE, I TAKE YOURS AND WE CAN SLEEP TILL THE NEXT ASSIGNMENT???"
9.25am - On way to car, ready to drive up to Serangoon Road, to take photos of faces of those deities outside the Hindu temples
10.10am - Drove to the 4th street temple to take photos of people praying etc.
10.15am - EL and I went inside temple to pray instead. He insisted that I get a lucky charm, so I got one...
10.20am - Got 1 old lady asked if I wanted to buy flowers from her. I have soft spot for old people one leh...so I bought loh...but sway kuan me lah, I asked if I could take a shot of her. Then her son (I think) asked "Hey today what event har? So many people come and take photo of her!!" Wah...paiseh....so I said it's some photo competition thing and scooted off and went to give the flowers as offerings.

10.25am - EL and I were waiting around for Eng Swee. Then I saw this - WAH. This one must take! And this was what I submitted for the first assignment.

11.00am - Headed back to Suntec. Fell asleep even before my number was called to go up and download my photo. After downloading, it was back to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz............
12.15pm - 2nd assignment was announced - "Power: Simply Red". EL almost had to drag me out of the auditorium, half-dazed. Seeing that I really couldn't walk properly, let alone drive, he asked Eng Swee to take over the wheel, so I ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz loh......... EL said he wanted to take photo of chilli, so we went to Tekka market to take photos. Shots didn't turn out well cos' lighting inside the market was poor, so juz anyhow selected a photo to upload loh... Haven't been to the Tekka Market before actually. One uncle selling fresh chickens asked me as I walked past "Hello! Kampung chickens! Want to buy kampung chickens?" So I smiled as I walked past him and he said "Oh! Don't want chickens? Not cooking today?? Ok Thank you! Bye bye!" hahahaha....so cute leh this uncle.
3.15pm - 3rd assignment "A Slice of History". EL went to the gym for his Steps class, so Eng Swee and I set off on foot to Singapore River. Sigh! Got no energy left to walk or take photos, let alone creative juices right? But here are some shots :
6.15pm - 4th assignment "Darkness". *(#!*(#*(@#)*$(#@)*$(@!)*I(#@)$# I juz wanna go home and sleep!!!!!! Sleep I did not. EL came back from gym and we took a bus to Arab St to take photos of the festive lightings. We thought of having the kebabs and stuff but no place to sit, so ended up eating bak kut teh. Hmmm....
Anyway, my shots for the night were horrible cos' forgot to bring tripod, so shan't upload.
Better attempts next time lah....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home