Tuition for Aviva 70.3
I have 5 more weeks to train before Aviva. Decided to sign up for Swee's running programme(http://www.fifthray.com) to work on my run. Went for my first class last week. The intervals didn't kill me (Swee gave chance for 1st lesson..), the static exercises (i.e. plank, side plank, more side planks, ab crunches....) did. Didn't acknowledge the existence of my stomach muscles (heavy meals aside...) for a long time until last week. Swee focuses a lot on running form, striding, mid-foot stride etc. Think I must have a very low latic threshold or simply a lazy runner. Can't seem to hold up my strides! I'm quite confused between the school of thought about training in my aerobic HR zone vs. Swee's. She said that people tend to get comfortable (that's me...) when they train in the HR zone, and their muscles don't get used to the race pace during races. Alamak, that's me lah. Can't remember when was the last time I panted during a run cos' I've been dutifully sticking by my aerobic max for every single run.
Swee's really nice. She said that she will sit down with me and plan my nutrition needs for Aviva when it's round the corner. That'll be really nice. Want to avoid another situation during the OSIM tri, when I had too much powergels and ran out of water during the bike leg. It's like having puke (latte flavour) in your mouth and you die-die have to swallow and no water to go with it. Agony!

2 Comments:
Yup, She's really nice to everyone, and is a good tutor for running techniques, though I'm not much of a runner to tell ha. Good luck for your race!
Ya! She's so nice and sweet to everyone! A far cry from my swim coach... Heh heh!
Post a Comment
<< Home