Saturday, July 15, 2006

No Michellin for me pls. Thank you.

Dad and I went to the tyre shop. The very-friendly owner came and asked us what we want.

Dad : I want XXX x XXX one.

Uncle : Orh! U want made in Japan one?

Dad : One how much?

Uncle : $85 for one. Come I show you. The "pattern" very nice one.

Dad : Orhh...Yokohama so-so lah. Michellin one how much?

Uncle : Orhhh....Michellin one expensive loh....

[Raised my eyebrows]

Dad : Michellin one good. Last time I use Michellin one the car 'run' very good, and no noise. I don't want noisy one. This one noisy or not.

Uncle : You don't want noisy one, then take this one but this one rainy day won't 'stick' to the road so well.

[Raised my eyebrows again. Then I change tyres for what? My current one also don't stick well!]

Dad : Orhh...the 'pattern' like that one har...

Uncle : Or you want Bridgestone? $90 each.

Dad : Expensive a bit nevermind. [Raised my eyebrows one more time] As long as not so noisy and softer.

Uncle : Ok. I do for you. Can wait inside.

And there goes $360. I gian to change rims but sigh....broke leowz. Still need to change remote control and wanna change speakers too. Next time you all sit in my car don't complain this and that ok. Maintaining a car is more expensive than maintaining my dad.

After 45 mins and $360 less in my bank, dad drove out of the workshop.

Dad : Now change tyres already, will consume a bit more petrol. The pick up rate will also be better cos' the tyre 'sticks' to the road better. You see har.....

[He slammed the accelerator and did an e-brake cos' got car in front - and we were along busy Bras Basah Road loh!!!]

Moral of the story : DO NOT EVER comment that my car's pick up rate is slow when my dad is behind the wheel. He will floor the accelerator and e-brake just to prove his point. My petrol....sigh.....my petrol........

2 Comments:

At 10:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha...That's the price for owing a car.....

 
At 11:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait till lang-ga or internal parts issues! *CHOY!! pin, back and revived!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home