Thursday, April 02, 2009

Kapas Swimathon

I'm going for the Kapas Swimathon over the Good Friday weekend. Hope I make it back alive. Haha. Really.

Heard that the support's terrible. Last year, one of the pro was way ahead of her pack and got lost in the sea. Then she panicked and had to be rescued. See. This is what they mean by kiang jiu ho...mai ke kiang. In any case, I'll probably get scooped out of the water cos' I'm taking too long in the water.

Heard about the jellyfishes too. Liping went to research on anti-jellyfish products and found this lotion that protects against jellyfish stings. It doesn't repeal jellyfishes, just make their sting less painful. The only problem is, it lasts only 80 mins. And we have 6.5km to go. That's assuming that we swim in a straight line.

I really hope to make it back to land alive. Haha...

Wanted to get a Blue Seventy speedsuit to protect against the stings. But one such suit costs $300-400 after discount?! I think a trip to the hospital will only cost a fraction of that! (In ringgit somemore...) Tried to look at 2XU wetsuits but Liping and I figured that we'll probably die from heatstroke before we swim into any jellyfish. So we decided to try a hybrid solution. I'll be wearing my compression top, and Liping will be wearing her compression tights. This tells a lot about which part of our body matters most. Well, at least I wear a compression top to prevent chafting on my arms + sun protection. I don't know if she gets any chafting from kicking too much. Heh heh...

Yup. So that sums it all up for my upcoming race. If I make it back alive, I'll blog about the swim. If I don't, you can narrow down to the above reasons.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 pm, Blogger JC said...

i luv jellyfish!! yummy!! OUCH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home