Saturday, January 19, 2008

More on training

Coach called off the training for tri team. He said that now he won't be pushing us so hard for training, and that we have to be self-disciplined while he and the other 2 trainers will be guiding us along with the training programme.

Quite tough for me...esp. when I lack self-discipline and I have a secret hidden agenda for the Half-Ironman race. Haha... Think I'm gonna make it to the headlines for the Half IM...and it'll go something like this :

"A 28-year-old woman, my name died today while competing in the Half Ironman Race today. The doctors have cited reasons that the death was likely to over-exertion of the heart. These could be avoided if these individuals were to train up and prepare their bodies for physically strenuous acitivities gradually over a period of time.

Her coach, D.L said in a brief interview "This is a very sad moment for us all. LX could have made it and complete the race, if only she had trained regularly. On the occasions that she showed up, she was usually late."

My name was married with no children. (Thank goodness! And may she live more happily now than she was alive, with no husband and no children.) Her distraughted relatives........... "

Swim class just started again after a 1 month break. Felt like I was drowning. Warm up alone was 6 laps of kicking drills. By the time I was done, my legs were cramping up already. Then it was so-many-laps-until-I-forgot-how-many-laps of catch-up drills. The rest were kicking so hard and fast that I felt sea sick in the pool!

Coach says tomorrow got hill ride. Die. Sure die. I might be able to make it earlier to the headlines before Half-IM. Got dunno how many laps of Mount Faber, and dunno how many laps of which hills. I've been wondering if all these are worthy for my secret agenda.

*ponder*

*sigh*

I think I'd go for a jog now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home