Thursday, April 02, 2009

Aviva IM 70.3

I was the swimmer in the relay team. It was quite a good swim. No one kicked me this time. Maybe because the number of participants were greatly reduced and the swimmers were really gentle and non-competitive. In fact, I was the one who kicked a few people along the way. Opps!!

Was swimming breaststroke to recover my breath after the run-up (after the 1st loop) and I accidently kicked someone really hard. I was really apologetic and was hoping that I didn't do much damage. The person whom I kicked then caught up and swam next to me. Was trying to keep my head submerged longer hoping that he won't recognise me. Alas! I heard a "LLIIIXXXIIIAAAA!!!!" Wah shit! Of the hundreds of swimmers, I have to kick someone I know and he'll probably hate me for as long as he remembers. It was Cookie (one of the swimmers from YF). I mumbled my apologies while catching my breath. Luckily, he said it wasn't too bad a damage and swam away. Phew! Good thing that Jiayi, Liping and I practise chatting in the sea during the sea swim training. Must make a mental note to tell coach that he shouldn't get too pissed when we do that. The skill will come in handy! Haha!

There were some swimmers being stung by jellyfish during the race. I was lucky. Or maybe the jellyfish have all lost their stings by the time I got there. Haha!

Well, at the end of the day, it wasn't too bad a swim for me personally. Clocked 52mins for the 1.9km swim despite the strong currents. Hopefully Kapas will be a better swim!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home