Sunday, June 21, 2009

Injured

Told Swee that my left heel hurts after running or prolonged walking. She referred me to Changi Sports Medicine Centre to have my heel checked. Doc said that I have plantar fasciitis and a small tear in my tendon cos' I have an inflexible foot type which makes the tendon unable to absorb pounding from running effectively. Eventually the shock and pressure went to my heel. Dr prescribed anti-inflammatory medication, sent me to the podiatrist (he said that orthotics will help to support the arch so that there will be less pressure on the heel) and also 2 sessions of extracopereal shockwave therapy. He said he'd be lying if he said it's not painful but the pain is bearable.

And he is right.

The machine 'taps' on my heel and when the intensity was increased, it felt like a hammer hitting my bone. I would have kicked the doctor if he weren't so cute. kakakaka...

That's my sports doc below - Dr Jason Chia.

Single ladies out there, heard that he's still single!!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home