Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Things that irk me

I hate to attend weddings. It's just a loud affair to tell the world that 2 people are married and have all rights to have sex, that it's ok for the girl to be pregnant cos' they are married!

Do I care? Get married then married loh. It's not illegal to stay together, get pregnant without getting married. What's the big deal?

I don't even feel like getting married as I was flipping through the "Brides" magazine. Here's what they propose :

8 mths to wedding :
1. Set budget - not done.
2. Decide on date - not done.
3. Arrange for folks to meet - not done.
4. Book solemnisation venue - not decided.
5. Start course of facials - only have enough energy to crawl home each day
6. Decide on dinner venue - see above paras
7. Start making up your guest lists - still having nightmares about it, not started.

6 mths to wedding :
1. Find a bridal gown designer - not convinced how much my future husband is willing to part with his money on this
2. Buy/rent groom's wedding suit - he said he has plenty of suits?!?!?!?!?! I don't even want to think about it.
3. Design/buy invitations - not convinced that I shld hold a wedding
4. Choose caterer - see para 3
5. Shop around for photographer/videographer - taking photos with plastic smiles and melting makeup is not my cup of tea
6. Assemble bridal party - see para 3
7. Shop for wedding bands - see blog entry http://laihsia.blogspot.com/2006/11/new-toy.html

With 2+ months to Feb and the way things are going, I think it is not feasible to get married. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home