Saturday, October 30, 2004

Fragmented clippings from emails....

There was a marathon of emails from me to my friends during the 3 days when I was on course. Among the ramblings, there are some thoughts that I want to retain before they're gone....


Clip 1
Dunno leh...I believe that these days the world just rotates around communication and innovation. Coz' basically we're hired not to just do the job. One of my geog lecturer said "if you don't value add to this (thing),then I might as well hire a monkey to do the job". So we're not just hired to do the work. Certainly we don't pay so much for our education juz to make the world rotate. The world would rotate, with or without us, so might as well add some value right? So to add value, we juz got to think out of the box, make our work easier by coming up with ideas, then communicate these ideas with our colleagues so that all our job will get easier by the day.


Clip 2
Venus has such a good temper and I've never seen her lose hertemper before. Even in training school, no matter how much I irritate her, she can keep her cool. So I asked her how she manage to keep her coolall the time, she said that if a person loses his/her temper, then the person basically loses control of himself/herself.


Clip 3
Anyway, my fundamental belief is that nobody is indispensable. I mean hor, just like in my workplace, I will try to teach my POs what I do, so that when I'm not around (which is very very frequent), then they can just carry on without me. Sometimes I think I've made myself redundant in the Housing Unit. I can just get fired and everything will just take place as per normal...so bottomline is, ah bee, take time off to smell the roses lah.... Life is a journey, neverending until the day we drop dead.




Life is really a process, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home