Sunday, February 25, 2007

Days to my solemnisation

Colleagues and friends have been asking me how's preparations and stuff. Honestly, it's a total disaster. We have not finished renovating the house. Papa just asked me when we're gonna pass him the lamp shades, and other barang barang so that he could fix it for us. It seems like my husband-to-be is more concerned about his marathon than to look into our solemnisation.

2 weeks ago, YK asked me if I had taken my leave for the solemnisation. He said he'd be coming cos' he has applied for his leave. I told him I haven't taken mine. In my heart, I was wishing that somehow my leave would not be approved and I can't go ahead with the solemnisation. I've thought of calling it off on several occasions because I'm not convinced why I shld get married actually...

Last night during a CNY dinner with his alcoholic friends, he told them that he just want to get the solemnisation over and done with. I felt a little pissed with him for saying to his friends in my presence. I said nothing. I wanted to ask him why we're getting married in the first place but decided not to. I'm still thinking why....

Are there any couple dread their own solemnisation more than we do? Or a bride who doesn't want a wedding dinner, wear a wedding gown and wear a wedding band?

On this night, I just want to be alone.

5 Comments:

At 8:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 cents worth.. both of you should communicate clearly before the marriage, about the feelings and the thoughts you have for each other..

 
At 10:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, if you are unsure, maybe it is good to postpone untl a time when you are more sure... at the end of the day, it should not be a marriage of convenience. Having known each other for such a short time, by right it should have still been the courting period, the best time, but.... if its already alittle dreadful before marriage, can you imagine how it would be like after marriage when all other nitty gritty issues would set in.... talk to him, talk over it, think once, think twice, think thrice. Being married is nice, but being single is certainly better than being unhappily married.

 
At 11:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but feel that your bf is rushing you into marriage.

Is this your first relationship? It feels so to me.

IS IT LOVE? OR FOR COMPANION SAKE?

I know your marriage is getting near but can't help to comment.

I can see the persons who posted before me care alot for you.

All the best.

 
At 11:40 pm, Blogger laihsia said...

Hello anonymous (whoever you may be...)

thanks for leaving the comments. :) I went ahead with the marriage. Sometimes I don't know if it's PMS or moody or whatever it may be, Everything seems really bleak. Then on somedays, when I look back in retrospect, my husband is someone whom I've been looking for and he's really sweet sometimes. I'm not sure if it's just my bad mood that blows things out of proportion or I just need to ventilate, or I allow myself to be miserable everytime he scolds me for something. In conclusion, I'm just not sure. Nonetheless, I think I'd go ahead and live a married life with my head up and take things one and at a time for now. I hope things will work out well in the end too. :)

 
At 8:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you know your feelings well and happy to know that you got married. Congratulations!

Life is a series of events to learn, whatever it is, just remember communication is very important..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home