It's all over!
Today....
Swim leg was ok....current was managable...except I was caught between this breast-stroke swimmer and the buoy line. Tried to overtake her.....and then...............she kicked me right in the face!!! WALAOZ!!! I was seeing stars for a moment....luckily she hit my right arm first...and now it's bruised (can you imagine how hard it was?!??! TMD.....)...luckily the bruise wasn't on my face and my goggles didn't crack or something.
Anyway, finally overtook her when she swam further away from me.....what an experience!!! Like what coach says...all the training in the pool won't prepare you enough for the race...especially we don't practise kenna kicked in the pool!!!
Cycling leg was ok too...was cheonging to try to make up for lost time in the sea....managed to maintain 27km/h and above. Hopefully this will get better after I get a roadbike....
Anyway, after the 2nd lap, I was running into the transition area...when I noticed some ladies standing around chatting. Saw Adeline the spinning instructor...she's the fit and fast type...cannot be standing around idling like that mah.... Anyway, what the heck! I changed into my running gear and ran towards the running route when I saw the lane was closed. Siao!! How can anyhow change the route like that?!?!
Then some kind soul told me that the race was stopped cos' of the rain. HAR?!?!?!?!?! I didn't take it too hard lah...cos' Nov got OSIM Corporate Tri mah...hopefully won't rain again lah!! Else very tui one leh!!!! One of the ang mohs who came in afterwards also got a shock when she was told that the race had stopped. She threw her gloves on the floor and was cursing and swearing...
Oh well.....coach said that this kind of thing boh bian.... He said we were lucky that we paid less than $100 to take part. He said he went to NZ for Ironman and they stopped the race due to weather...so his $4k down the drain leow... Anyway, now he retired from the Ironman scene leow...so rather than suffer alone, he decided to get more people to join him in the suffering by coaching....hahaha....actually coach sometimes also quite funny lah....
The organisers decided to let us vent out our frustrations by organising a 5km fun run when the rain stopped. Aiya, might as well run loh... Wah...really quite tiring on the legs sia...haha...I think I have a chance to make it to the headlines if I were to take part in Aviva next year at this fitness level....the bad news one lah....
Sigh...now the race's over leow....a bit lost leh.... Robbin felt the same way too....like no more "Race coming leow!! Muz train!!!!" kind of mentality....think we're all going to grow fat very soon... :D
Good thing I signed up for this race lah...even though I completed the running leg during the fun run...cos' picked up swimming, and trained to run longer distances...
Going to have to train harder leow...
"It is not how far you swim or how fast you swim. It is how far you swim fast."
:)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home