Suck blood
Walaoz...this D Link wireless router thing is driving me nuts!!
EL uses a Mac, and I use a PC. He has this Mac air port thing which worked perfectly fine until we moved into our new home. Somehow, I can't manage to detect the wireless network. Not sure why... Was contemplating to sign contract with Singnet and get their free, lousy (but works perfectly with their network) modem...but cos' we had a bad experience with both Singtel and Singnet, we decided not to be bonded by their contract... This was what happened...
EL uses Singnet's ADSL plan, so means that we need a phoneline for the modem to work. So I called Singtel to cancel the phoneline at the old place, and change it to the new address. Same thing for the Singnet account... The salesperson said that the technician would be going down to our place to do the installation last Monday between 11am to 2pm.
EL waited at home since morning....but no sound no picture. At 2pm, he received a call from a Singtel guy saying that "the fact that I can call you means that your phoneline is working. Btw, can I pass your contact no. to my wife is who doing some insurance policies?" Needless to say, this guy got blasted by EL lah...
Anyway, when I came home...my laptop couldn't detect the signals but EL's Mac could....and we spent a long time on it but couldn't figure out why. Called Singnet and they said "sorry we don't support customers who don't buy our modems". What the F***!!!! Then dunno how it ended up, the technician who tried to sell insurance called us TWICE - once a woman called us at 10.30pm asking us what is the problem. THE PROBLEM THEN WAS WE WERE CYCLING AND TRYING NOT TO GET KNOCKED DOWN WHILE SCREAMING INTO THE PHONE ON WHY SHE CALL US AT SUCH GODFORSAKEN HOUR!!!! Then at 11pm, another phone call from the technician asking us what was the problem again. WALAOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW WE HAVE MANY PROBLEMS!!!!! ONE OF WHICH IS SINGTEL/NET PEOPLE CALLING US IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, scolded him and told him to call back in the morning. He called me in the morning and was very agitated. Almost 'scolding' or complaining to me that EL gave him a hard time. Walaoz!?!?!? What is the world coming to??!?!?! I owe him a living ah!?!?!?!!?
So anyway, that was why we didn't want to get Singnet's contract. Was complaining to SBK at work, he suggested to get a cheapo D-Link router and he said "it works perfectly fine". So hiao lah! I passed by Challenger the other day and went to get one! TMD!!!! Works fine my ass!!!! Took me half a day to set it up and it still doesn't work!!!! I asked SBK what could be the problem...and asked if he has the Singnet's configurations so that I can try to set the connection - and this chap told me ---- "Oh! I use Starhub's cable modem." *faint*
Moral of the story - Mai kay kiang....
Now I spent $100 on the bloody router that doesn't work (we're using another router which we don't have administrator's rights to set password), paid all the bloody connection/transfer fees + installed a telephone line for the bloody no-support-for-Mac-nor-non-Singnet-purchased-modem Singnet account. And nothing works.
Life sucks. Singnet sucks too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home